Home, Office, Country & Interstate Removals Near Me

Change Your Address with the ATO

Whether you’re moving home or your business, it’s no small task. With so many things to think about, informing outside parties and organisations may just slip your mind. From service providers, utilities, and local authorities, there’s a lot to keep track of.

One of these necessary authorities is the Australian Tax Office.

So, if you’re looking to change your address, either as an individual or a business here’s what you need to do:

For Individuals

For individuals, the process is quite a bit simpler than it is for business. All you need to do is visit ATO follow the instructions you see there and fill in the form. You can even add or update a legal representative, but this will require you to nominate them. You can see more about that here.

Many personal details can also be updated online such as your:
  • Contact details or authorised contacts
  • Name
  • Date of birth record
  • Financial institution details

For Businesses

Commercials and businesses that want to change their address with the ATO have a little more work to do. For starters, they must notify the ATO about any relevant changes in their circumstances, such as key personal, business activities, or if the organisation is going to be shut down.

Other things to notify the ATO

Changes to your entity name or registered business name as registered with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission

The authorized contact person

Any financial institution account details.

You must tell the ATO in writing if your organisation is no longer entitled to endorsement as a deductible gift recipient or concession charity. This must be done before, or as soon as possible after the entitlement has legally ceased.

Home, Office, Country & Interstate Removals Near Me